- So capable, you won’t want to put it down. So thin and light, you won’t have to – The ﬁrst thing you’ll notice is how incredibly thin and light it is. iPad Air 2 is an impossibly thin 6.1 millimeters, making it our thinnest iPad ever. And it weighs less than a pound. So it’s even easier to hold in one hand and take with you anywhere.
- Ingenuity makes it thin. Aluminum makes it strong – When it was introduced four years ago, the original iPad set the standard for thinness and lightness. Since then, iPad has become even thinner and lighter. But thanks to its durable aluminum unibody, iPad Air 2 doesn’t sacriﬁce strength in the pursuit of thinness. From the moment you pick it up, you feel how sturdy and rigid it is.
- Not just a thinner display. A better display – The displays on previous generations of iPad used three separate components. iPad Air 2 changes all that, combining those three layers into just one. This eliminates gaps between layers, along with the internal reﬂectance caused by those gaps. The result? Colors are richer, contrast is greater, and images are sharper and more vivid.
- Your content, right at your ﬁngertips – The LCD layer is now closer to your eyes (and your ﬁngers), so when you touch the screen it feels as if you’re touching your content. And we’ve improved the sensitivity of the screen, so it tracks your finger even more accurately, especially when you make quick gestures. Which means everything you do — playing games, surﬁng the web, enjoying photos and videos — becomes more personal, immediate, and immersive.
- The lowest reﬂectance of any tablet – iPad Air 2 features a custom-designed antireflective coating that reduces glare by 56 percent, making it the least reﬂective tablet in the world. In virtually any kind of environment — oﬃces, classrooms, outdoors — everything is clearer and more readable.
- Every detail counts – Even the ones measured in microns – The beveled edges of the aluminum unibody are cut with a mono-crystalline diamond to tolerances measured in microns. (For reference, the width of a human hair is about 75 microns.) That level of detail may seem excessive. But every detail adds up to a better overall experience.
- Environment-friendly iPad Air 2 – The aluminum enclosure is highly recyclable. And it is free of brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). In fact, Apple has one of the strictest BFR-free and PVC-free standards in the industry.
- Massive power. In its most minimal form – With a new A8X chip built on second-generation 64-bit desktop-class architecture, iPad Air 2 is the fastest, most powerful iPad ever. With this kind of performance, you might expect a compromise or two. Like a bigger form factor or a shorter battery life. But iPad Air 2 is both thinner and lighter than the previous iPad Air. And thanks in part to the M8 motion coprocessor, it still has an incredibly long 10-hour battery life. So you can do more. While carrying less.
- The new A8X chip with 64‑bit architecture – The fast and fluid performance of iPad Air 2 begins with its A8X chip. With 64-bit desktop-class architecture and an extraordinary 3 billion transistors, the A8X chip delivers speed and graphics that rival many personal computers.
- 40 percent faster CPU performance – Compared with the A7 chip in the previous iPad Air, the new A8X chip delivers 40 percent faster CPU performance. From launching apps to playing games, everything is more fluid and responsive. And all your actions — swiping, pinching, zooming, scrolling, and rotating — happen quickly and smoothly.
- More than double the graphics performance – The A8X chip has an astonishing 2.5 times the graphics performance of the A7 chip. So iPad Air 2 delivers graphics once possible only on desktop computers and gaming consoles. Graphics-intensive games and video editing apps run superbly, and they look gorgeous on the big Retina display.
- Metal. A real game changer – To get the greatest graphics performance out of the A8X chip and iOS 8, we created Metal — a new technology that lets developers design highly immersive console-style games. Metal is optimized to allow the CPU and GPU to work together to deliver detailed graphics and complex visual effects. So every imaginary world feels more realistic.
- Work faster. Play harder – Everything runs better on iPad Air 2. But thanks to the A8X chip, graphics-intensive apps are, well, intense. Video editing, modeling and design apps, and games — especially games — come to life, with incredible responsiveness, fluid motion, and near-cinematic performance.
- Usually, increased performance comes at the expense of battery life. Notice we said “usually.” – Thanks to hardware and software that work together seamlessly, iPad Air 2 isn’t just extremely powerful. It’s also extremely power efficient, with up to 10 hours of battery life. And that’s an impressive feat of engineering, considering it’s just 6.1 mm thin and weighs less than a pound.
- M8 coprocessor. A more advanced way to use less power – When you’re in motion, the new M8 motion coprocessor continuously measures data from the accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and a new barometer. This offloads work from the A8X chip for improved power efficiency. The motion coprocessor also continuously calibrates all five sensors, so when you want to play a game or use the Maps app, iPad Air 2 is ready and able.
- The power behind the new iSight camera – The iSight camera in iPad Air 2 uses the Apple-designed image signal processor built into the A8X chip. It supports advanced camera and video features, like better face detection and enhanced noise reduction, so it’s easier to shoot higher-quality photos and videos.
- Security based on a one‑of-a-kind design: your ﬁngerprint – Your fingerprint is the perfect password. You always have it with you. And no one can ever guess what it is. Our breakthrough Touch ID technology uses a unique fingerprint identity sensor to make unlocking your iPad Air 2 easy and secure. And with new developments in iOS 8, your fingerprint will grant you faster access to so much more.
- One touch unlocks your iPad Air 2 – With Touch ID, you put your finger on the Home button, and just like that, your iPad unlocks. And Touch ID is capable of 360-degree readability. No matter how you’re holding it — portrait, landscape, or anything in between — your iPad knows who you are.
- The technology behind Touch ID – The Home button on iPad Air 2 is made from a sapphire crystal surrounded by a stainless steel ring. When you touch the button, the steel ring detects your finger and the crystal sends an image of your fingerprint to a sensor. Software then reads the ridges of your print and confirms a match. And it all happens in the blink of an eye.
- Your iPad keeps your personal information to itself – Your safety and security are a major priority. So we created an advanced security architecture within the A8X that keeps your personal information private. Your passcode and fingerprint data never leave your iPad — they’re not backed up to iCloud, nor are they shared with Apple or anyone else.
- Instantly sign in to secure apps – Lots of apps are already integrating Touch ID. You’ll be able to use your fingerprint to sign in and authorize new actions, without having to enter yet another password. As always, your fingerprint data is protected and never accessed by the operating system or any other apps.
- One-touch purchasing in iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store – Your fingerprint can also approve purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store, so you don’t have to enter your password or billing information over and over.
- Fast, easy, secure payments with Apple Pay – Everyone loves to shop on iPad, and now it’s simpler and safer than ever. You can easily add your credit or debit card from your iTunes account, or capture card information with the iSight camera on your iPad. When you’re ready to check out, select Apple Pay, touch your finger lightly on the Home button, and you’re done — no need to type in shipping and billing information. And when you pay with Apple Pay, your card details are never shared by Apple or transmitted with payment to the online merchant.
- Two amazing cameras. Cleverly disguised as an iPad – You won’t believe how good a photographer you are. With an improved sensor, advanced optics, and a more powerful image signal processor, the new iSight camera in iPad Air 2 captures incredibly detailed photos and professional-looking 1080p HD videos. The FaceTime HD camera has been redesigned, too, with a new sensor that makes your video calls look better, even in low light. And the large, high-resolution Retina display makes a spectacular viewfinder.
- New iSight camera – The new iSight camera was designed to help you capture all of life’s moments at a moment’s notice. And with every shot, the image signal processor works in sync with the camera to deliver a great picture or video — automatically.
- All-new sensor – The iSight camera’s new 8MP sensor captures images in 3264-by-2448 native resolution and 1080p HD video. So your photos and videos stay sharp and clear, even when viewed on larger screens.
- Advanced image signal processor – Behind the precision optics and the new sensor lies the brains of the iSight camera: the powerful image signal processor in the A8X chip. Its improved face-detection technology keeps more — and smaller — faces in focus. And better noise reduction gives you cleaner, sharper images.
- For stunning photos and videos, start with a stunning viewﬁnder – What makes taking photos and videos on iPad Air 2 unique is its viewfinder: a brilliant Retina display that’s so large and sharp you see every nuance as you shoot. With its eye-filling 9.7-inch screen, shooting with iPad Air 2 is like looking through the viewfinder of a high-end SLR camera.
- Shoot – iPad Air 2 is as easy to use as a point-and-shoot camera, but it’s so much more advanced. Fire off 10 photos per second in burst mode. iPad automatically detects smiles and blinks and grabs the best shot. Shoot at 120 fps to create slo-mo videos. Or use Time-lapse mode to compress into a few amazing seconds events that take anywhere from 30 minutes to 30 hours.
- Edit – Once you’ve captured a photo or video, there’s a lot more you can do. And iPad Air 2 makes it a breeze, because its built-in editing apps work seamlessly with all your images. Adjust exposure, color, brightness, and contrast. Add filters. Edit a movie with iMovie. Or use third-party apps to get even more creative. For example, turn a photo into a cartoon, complete with dialogue balloons. And thanks to the large display, you’ll be able to do it all without needing to switch to a computer.
- Share – With iCloud Photo Sharing, you can create a shared photo album to show off just the photos and videos you want to just the people you want. Invite your friends and family, and they can add their own photos, videos, and comments as well. Everything is automatically kept up to date on everyone’s devices. You can also post photos to Facebook, Twitter, or other social media sites directly from the Photos app.
- New FaceTime HD camera. See and be seen – Put a face — or two — on every conversation. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera has a larger ƒ/2.2 aperture that lets in 81 percent more light. And an all-new sensor and larger pixels improve performance in less-than-ideal lighting conditions.
- More personal video calls – Thanks to its new FaceTime HD camera and brilliant Retina display, video calls on iPad Air 2 are clearer than they’ve ever been. So no matter who you’re talking to or where they are, you’ll feel like you’re both in the room.
- Dual microphones – The two microphones in iPad Air 2 don’t just collect more sound. Together, they employ sophisticated noise-reduction technology to suppress background noise. In addition, when you switch cameras from front to back (or vice versa), the microphones switch, too. So what your iPad sees is also what your iPad hears.
- Photos and videos are just the beginning – The cameras on iPad Air 2 can do more than take dazzling photos and videos. Used with apps, they can do remarkable things. Like be your partner on that home redecorating project. Improve your athletic performance. Or let you scan, save, and send documents. And developers are working on new apps that do even more with the cameras. You’ll find them on the App Store.
- An amazing camera, even when it’s not taking photos – In the App Store, you’ll find apps that combine the camera with sophisticated software to let you see and do amazing things. Like move around virtual furniture instead of the real stuff. Or help you tell the stars from the planets. Or find your way back to your campsite.
- Analyze and improve your game – Make iPad Air 2 your personal coach. There are a number of sports apps that use the camera to analyze your movements, correct problems before they become habits, and track your progress. And the list of these apps gets longer all the time.
- Scan, store, and send documents – Turn your iPad Air 2 into a scanner to store and organize all those receipts, tickets, notes, sketches, and business cards. Some apps even offer optical character recognition (OCR), allowing you to create editable documents.
- Faster wireless. Good things come to those who don’t wait – Wireless connections on iPad Air 2 are faster than ever. Wi‑Fi is more than twice as fast as before, with speeds up to 866 Mbps.
- Our fastest, most advanced Wi‑Fi ever – The things you love to do on iPad are even better when you’re connected. And now that connection is even faster. iPad Air 2 features advanced 802.11ac Wi‑Fi technology and MIMO support. Which is a geeky way of saying you’re getting some serious wireless capability, with download speeds up to a superfast 866 Mbps.
- AirDrop – is the quickest and easiest way to wirelessly share documents and files with people nearby. Simply enable AirDrop in Control Center, select a photo, video, or document, tap the Share icon, and choose who you want to share with. And just like that, the file appears on their device. It’s a lot easier than digging around for a thumb drive.
- AirPlay – AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad Air 2 via Apple TV to your HDTV and speakers — without having to log in to a network. Or you can mirror exactly what’s on your display and see it on the big screen. Whether you’re in the boardroom, the classroom, or the living room, you’ll be able to share everything — from a business presentation to a history lesson to a vacation video.
- iOS 8 and iPad Air. A powerful combination – With an easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and security at its core, iOS 8 makes your iPad more capable than ever. It’s designed to look beautiful and work beautifully, so even the simplest tasks are more engaging. And iOS 8 is engineered to take full advantage of the powerful A8X chip, ultrafast wireless, and brilliant Retina display of iPad Air 2.
- iOS 8. Our most advanced mobile OS ever – What is it about iOS 8 that makes it the most advanced mobile operating system? It’s the details. The thoughtful new features. And the way it all works seamlessly with the hardware. It’s the fact that Mail is full of new time-saving features, like being able to tap an event or phone number and instantly add it to your calendar or contacts. Or that Safari is even more intuitive, with a new Sidebar that slides out to reveal your bookmarks, Reading List, and Shared Links. Or that developers have new tools like Metal to build apps you’ve never imagined. Or that you’ll see new keyboard options. From top to bottom, iOS 8 makes iPad Air 2 even more amazing.
- Great apps included. iPad Air comes ready to work. And play – iPad Air 2 comes with apps that help you do the things you do every day. Like check your email, make a video call, or consult Siri to check a sports score. Or you can write the next great novel, nail your presentation, and compose a score for your home movie — all from your iPad Air. And these apps are optimized for 64-bit architecture. So they run smoothly and quickly and make iPad Air — and you — capable of just about anything.
- What’s new in iOS 8 – Quickly find and edit the photos you take. Add your voice right in a text message. Start an email or document on your iPhone and finish it on your iPad. You’ll even have new keyboard options and more ways to share your content. And you’ll be able to use iCloud and Touch ID in ways you never have before. Here are some of the things iOS 8 can do for you — so you can do more than ever.
- Photos. Be the master of your photo collection – The all-new Photos app makes it simpler than ever to find and rediscover your favorite photos with new search features and smart albums that organize your photos for you. And you can make every shot look even better immediately after you’ve taken it with powerful new editing tools, no matter your skill level. And iCloud Photo Library, in beta, stores every photo and video you take, making them accessible from your iPad.
- Messages. Actually LOL. OL – Look forward to doing amazing new things with the app you use most. In iOS 8, Messages has fun, useful, even surprising features that will change the way you think about messaging.
- Continuity. iPad, iPhone, and Mac — connected like never before – Apple products have always been designed to work together beautifully. But now, with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, they’re more connected than ever. You can start writing an email on your iPhone and pick up where you left off on your iPad. Or browse the web on your Mac and continue from the same link on your iPad. You can even answer phone calls on your Mac or iPad.
- QuickType. Our smartest keyboard ever – iOS 8 makes typing easier by suggesting contextually appropriate words to complete your sentences. It even recognizes to whom you’re typing and whether you’re in Mail or Messages — making smart choices in tone for each person and situation.
- iCloud Drive. Secure access to all your documents. Anytime, anywhere – Now all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and other important documents can be stored securely in iCloud, so you can access them whenever and wherever it’s convenient. And any changes you make automatically appear on all your devices.*
(*Cloud requires an iCloud-enabled device. Some features require iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. Some features require a Wi‑Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.)
- Family Sharing. It’s good to share. And now you can do it with all your content – Family Sharing brings harmony to your family’s digital life. Up to six people in your family can share purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store without sharing accounts. You can pay for family purchases with the same credit card and approve kids’ spending right from a parent’s device. And you can easily share photos, a family calendar, and more to help keep everyone connected.*
(*Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes. Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite are required to set up or join a Family Sharing group and are recommended for full functionality. Not all content is eligible for Family Sharing. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.)
- iOS 8 for developers – iOS 8 is the biggest iOS release ever. With deeper access and more tools, developers are leveraging the new capabilities of iOS 8 to create amazing apps and features. You’ll see new keyboard options, more immersive games thanks to Metal, new ways to control your home using HomeKit, and new ways to use iCloud and Touch ID.
THIN, LIGHT AND CAPABLE
The iPad Air 2 continues Apple’s legacy in designing powerful devices that are thin and light. The entire unit is 18percent thinner than previous generation devices. It is astonishingly thin (just 6.1mm thick) and has an overall weight of 436g.
ENHANCED RETINA DISPLAY
The iPad Air 2 is thin, thanks to a completely redesigned Retina display. Doing so made it even better; it now produces greater contrast with richer colors. Another highlight of the device is its anti reflective coating that makes the screen one of the least reflective displays.
The iPad Air 2 packs a lot of power in its thin frame. The tablet incorporates Apple’s new A8X chip that churns out an enhanced graphics performance. Its 64bit architecture makes the iPad Air 2 just as powerful as personal computers. The chip is also efficient when it comes to energy consumption. On a single charge, the tablet offers a 10 hour battery life, letting you play, work, surf and do more.
The iPad Air 2 features the same, acclaimed Touch ID technology that has been incorporated in the iPhone 5S, 6, and 6 Plus. The technology accurately scans your fingerprint and then unlocks the device, giving you an unprecedented level of security. You can even make secure payments on iBooks, iTunes, and the App Store via Apple Pay with Touch ID technology.
APPLE’S AMAZING CAMERAS
The iPad Air 2 features an enhanced FaceTime camera at the front, which lets you engage in crystal clear video calls. At the back is Apple’s advanced iSight camera, featuring improved sensor, advanced optics and a dynamic signal processor. Features like time lapse video, panorama, slo mo, and timer and burst modes are also available on the iPad Air 2. Both these cameras ensure all your videos, photos, selfies and video calls look astonishingly incredible.
The iPad Air 2 features revamped WiFi support that is twice as fast as the ones on previous generation devices. The technology helps you download movies, stream videos and more, faster that ever before.
A WORLD OF APPS AT YOUR DISPOSAL
The iPad Air 2 lets you download tons of apps for surfing, email, editing, writing and reading. It even lets you download numerous apps that are designed specifically for the tablet’s Retina display. Whatever be your liking, you can find an app for that on the Apple Store.
The iPad Air 2 comes installed with Apple’s iOS 8 operating system. This advanced OS offers many enhancements over previous generation operating systems. For example, you can start working on a project on iPad Air 2 and finish it on another Apple device with the Continuity feature. Or, you can share all your music, movies, apps, books and more with up to six people in your home using the Family Sharing feature. The tablet even lets you access iCloud Drive on which you can securely save all your documents and access them from any smart device. All these features work to perfection, thanks to the advanced iOS 8 that is installed on the iPad Air 2.